Shuttle-bus to Neuschwanstein castle
Shuttle-bus to Neuschwanstein castle:
- Bus stop valley: at the "Alpsee" parking are P4 (below Hohenschwangau castle)
- Bus stop castle: Viewpoint "Jugend" (above Neuschwanstein castle)
Prices per person:
- Uphill: € 2,50
- Downhill: € 1,50
- Roundtrip: € 3,00
- 0 - 6 years: free of charge
- 7 - 12 years:
- Uphill: € 1,00
- Downhill: € 0,50
- Roundtrip: € 1,50
You pay at the cashier at the bus station or directly to the bus driver (no credit cards).
Groups at least 10 persons get only one ticket free for the tour guide.
No validity at the bus: Königscard, SchwangauCard and DB BayernTicket (Bavarian ticket).
In the summer season:
- First departure uphill to Neuschwanstein Castle/ Viewpoint "Jugend": at 8.00 am
- Last departure uphill to Neuschwanstein Castle/ Viewpoint "Jugend": at 5.30 pm
- Last transfer downhill from Neuschwanstein Castle/ Viewpoint "Jugend": at 6.45 pm
In the winter season (in suitable weather conditions - no ice and no snow):
- First departure uphill to Neuschwanstein Castle/ Viewpoint "Jugend": at 9.00 am
- Last departure uphill to Neuschwanstein Castle/ Viewpoint "Jugend": at 3.30 pm
- Last transfer downhill from Neuschwanstein Castle/ Viewpoint "Jugend": at 5.00 pm
IMPORTANT NOTE: The bus does not go directly to Neuschwanstein castle. There is a steep 15 minutes walking from the bus-stop "Jugend" to the entrance of Neuschwanstein castle. The viewpoint "Jugend" is approx. 5 minutes walking from the bus-stop-castle. Pets are not allowed in the bus-shuttle. The shuttle bus only operates in suitable weather conditions (no snow or ice).
Horse carriage to Neuschwanstein castle
Horse carriages to Neuschwanstein castle:
- Carriage stop valley: across the Hotel Müller
- Carriage stop castle: below Neuschwanstein castle
Prices per person:
- Uphill: € 7,00
- Downhill: € 3,50
You pay directly to the horse carriage driver.
Duration of the ride: approx. 20 minutes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The horse carriage do not drive directly to the main entrance of the Neuschwanstein castle. You need to walk approx. 15 minutes uphill from the carriage-stop to the entrance of the castle. The horse carriages run the whole year around.
- The transportation campanies are independent and different private companies. They run independently according to the demand of the visitors, but without schedule. Please note, that you are responsible for your own schedule.
- The horse carriages and the shuttle-buses cannot be reserved.
- The shuttle-bus is unsuitable for mobility-impaired guests, since the path from the bus-stop viewpoint "Jugend" down to the Neuschwanstein Castle is very steep. We recommend to use the horse carriage to Neuschwanstein castle. From the terminal-stop below the castle you need to go /rive uphill 10-15 minutes the main entrance of the castle. Please note, that the horse carriage has no ramp.
- During all holidays and specially during the summer months and around Christmas / New Year, there are considerable waiting times at the bus-stops and carriage-stops. Therefore, you have to calculate enough time for possible queues at the departure-stops.
- You can use the transport facilities even without an entrance ticket for the castles.