Shuttle-bus to Neuschwanstein castle
Shuttle-bus to Neuschwanstein castle:
- Bus stop valley: at the "Alpsee" parking are P4 (below Hohenschwangau castle)
- Bus stop castle: Viewpoint "Jugend"/ Mary's bridge (above Neuschwanstein castle)
Prices per person:
- Uphill: € 3,00
- Downhill: € 2,00
- Roundtrip: € 3,50
- 0 - 6 years: free of charge
- 7 - 12 years:
- Uphill: € 1,50
- Downhill: € 1,00
- Roundtrip: € 2,00
You pay at the cashier at the bus station or directly to the bus driver (no credit cards).
Groups at least 10 persons get only one ticket free for the tour guide. No validity at the bus: Königscard, SchwangauCard, DB BayernTicket (Bavarian ticket) and Deutschland-Ticket (49 Euro D-Ticket).
The shuttle-bus has no fixed departure times. The bus operates about every 20 minutes.
In the summer season:
• First departure uphill: at 8.00 am
• Last departure uphill: at 5.30 pm
• Last transfer downhill: at 6.45 pm
In the winter season (in suitable weather conditions - no ice and no snow):
• First departure uphill: at 9.00 am
• Last departure uphill: at 3.30 pm
• Last transfer downhill: at 5.00 pm
IMPORTANT NOTE: The bus does not go directly to Neuschwanstein castle. There is a steep 15 minutes walking from the bus-stop "Jugend"/ Mary's bridge to the entrance of Neuschwanstein castle. The viewpoint "Jugend" is approx. 5 minutes walking from the bus-stop-castle. Pets are not allowed in the bus-shuttle. During winter time limited service only depending on the weather. The shuttle bus only operates in suitable weather conditions (no snow or ice).
Horse carriage to Neuschwanstein castle
Horse carriages to Neuschwanstein castle:
- Carriage stop valley: across the Hotel Müller
- Carriage stop castle: below Neuschwanstein castle
Prices per person:
- Uphill: € 8,00
- Downhill: € 4,00
You pay directly to the horse carriage driver.
Duration of the ride: approx. 20 minutes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The horse carriage do not drive directly to the main entrance of the Neuschwanstein castle. You need to walk approx. 15 minutes uphill from the carriage-stop to the entrance of the castle. The horse carriages run the whole year around.
- The transportation campanies are independent and different private companies. They run independently according to the demand of the visitors, but without schedule. Please note, that you are responsible for your own schedule.
- The horse carriages and the shuttle-buses cannot be reserved.
- During all holidays and specially during the summer months and around Christmas / New Year, there are considerable waiting times at the bus-stops and carriage-stops. Therefore, you have to calculate enough time for possible queues at the departure-stops.
- The shuttle-bus is unsuitable for mobility-impaired guests, since the path from the bus-stop "Marienbrücke" (Mary's bridge) down to the Neuschwanstein Castle is very steep. We recommend to use the horse carriage to Neuschwanstein castle. From the terminal-stop below the castle you need to go uphill 10-15 minutes to the main entrance of the castle. Please note, that the horse carriage has no ramp.
- You can use the transport facilities even without an entrance ticket for the castles.
Parking facilities for bicycles can be found between the Alpsee parking lot P4 and the Museum of the bavarian Kings.