Discover the history of the Bavarian royal family within 16 exhibition rooms located on two floors, which are accessible by stairs and elevators. Original exhibits and modern museum technology transfer you to a former era. For example, the already-planned but never realized castle projects of King Ludwig II appear in computer animation on a large screen. Throughout the exhibition you will find seating and resting benches, such as at our 21-meter panorama window, offering a special view of Hohenschwangau Castle, the lake Alpsee and the surrounding mountains.
Portable folding chairs can be rented free of charge at the entrance to the exhibition rooms.
You have three possibilities to visit the Museum of the Bavarian Kings:
• without a guided tour, on your own hand, with or without an audio-guide
• within a guided private tour
Experience the Museum of the Bavarian Kings within a private guided tour only for you and your companions (max. 20 people).
A guide will accompany you through the exhibition rooms and explain the history of the Bavarian kings.
For additional information click here.
- detailed information on each exhibition object can be found in our museum catalogue.
- the respective catalogue number can be found next to this catalogue symbol.
- the museum catalogue can be obtained at the museum cashier desk for € 16.90.
►Tip: the museum catalogue is a valuable companion during your visit of the museum.