Deutsche Version  |  Disclaimer / Privacy  · Contact  |  Search

  • The existence of the Hohenschwangau castle was documented in the 12th century. Until 1535 it remained in the possession of the Knights of Schwangau. Successive wars over the centuries left the castle in ruins. These were bought in 1832 by Crown Prince Maximilian who reconstructed the castle according to the original plans. It subsequently became a residence of the royal family and, following the death of King Maximilian, the home of King Ludwig II and his mother.

    For further Information about the castle and guided tours, please click here…

  • The Museum of the bavarian kings is located below the castles Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. Using modern technology this museum tells the interesting history of the dynasty Wittelsbach on more than 1000 sqm.

    Additional information...

     

Stay in touch with us...

  • Besuchen Sie Hohenschwangau und Neuschwanstein auf facebook
  • Besuchen Sie Hohenschwangau und Neuschwanstein auf flickr
  • Besuchen Sie Hohenschwangau und Neuschwanstein auf Youtube
  • Besuchen Sie Hohenschwangau und Neuschwanstein auf Google+