Deutsche Version  |  Disclaimer / Privacy  · Contact  |  Search

  • ·     The existence of the Hohenschwangau castle was documented in the 12th century. Until 1535 it remained in the possession of the Knights of Schwangau. Successive wars over the centuries left the castle in ruins. These were bought in 1832 by Crown Prince Maximilian who reconstructed the castle according to the original plans. It subsequently became a residence of the royal family and, following the death of King Maximilian, the home of King Ludwig II and his mother.

    For further Information about the castle and guided tours, please click here…

  • The Mary’s bridge (Marienbrücke) will not be accessible to visitors from the 8th of October to the 9th of November 2018.
    Due to revision works, a full closure of the bridge is mandatory. We ask for your understanding.

    The access to Neuschwanstein Castle and the guided tours are not affected by this.

    For detailed information about Mary's Bridge please click here...

  • ·     The Museum of the Bavarian kings is located below the castles Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. Using modern technology this museum tells the interesting history of the dynasty Wittelsbach on more than 1000 sqm.

    Additional information...